Smart System Institute (SSI)
Research and develop large-scale platforms as well as corresponding key technologies to advance the development of smart products and systems.
We are seeking to build and enhance the smart systems and R&D capabilities, largely based on the self-developed, key technical modules, in support of domestic enterprises. We are also striving to research and develop emerging smart system solutions for all possible new fields of future applications.
SSI has long been playing a leading role in several research fields in Taiwan and dedicated to developing advanced information and communication technologies, which are, to name a few, as follows:
- Sensor Network and Intelligent Energy: Zigbee, PLC(Power Line Communication), Sensor Network Integration and Management, Client Energy Management, AMI, Demand and Supply Management.
- Telematics: Multi-communication AVL, Remote Device Management, Vehicle Dispatch System, Precise Positioning and Navigation, and Integrated Traffic Information and Value-added Applications
- IoT(Internet of Things) Technologies and Solutions: Collaborating with industry partner to play as an IoT solution provider in the competitive international market.
- Enabling Technology for Smart Living: Driving industry partners to develop safe, low-carbon, energy saving, and convenient smart living applications and service solutions by demonstrating its capability and experience.
- Big Data Management Platform: Bistro—an open source software-based big data analytical solution which enables companies to seize new business opportunities from the data economy.