The division assists local industries with digital transformation through technology, creates new business models for local cultural industries, and nurtures the ecosystem of regional revitalization services.
Main tasks include:
1. Constructing a cross-disciplinary smart technology platform to help enterprises add value to their products and develop innovative services.
2. Integrating R&D results of research institutes under the III, assisting local industries with the innovative applications of information and communication technology (ICT), as well as digital transformation, to increase added value and driving innovation in industries.
3. Working closely with industries, governments, academia, and research institutes in the region, developing innovative products, services, and business models with local features, and promoting the regional revitalization services ecosystem.
(II) Main business
1. Local insights: Conduct in-depth research on local industrial clusters and development status, so as to understand the current status of local industries and find opportunities for innovation.
2. Consulting services: The division provides consulting services for ICT research and the digital transformation of enterprises, assists local enterprises and governments, and serves as a think tank for the digital transformation of enterprises and regional revitalization services of local governments.
3. Drive transformation: The division focuses on data analysis and industrial applications of artificial intelligence, integrates technological development results of research institutes under the III, and develops tools and cloud services based on the results for local industries to improve the operational efficiency, product innovation, and digital competitiveness of enterprises.
4. Innovation and revitalization: The division works together with local specialty industries; utilizes locally sourced raw materials, products, culture, and tourism elements; utilizes technology to develop specialty products and services; and carries out local field verification to improve the experience of local residents and increase procurements by enterprises. Furthermore, the division supports the innovative development of local (youth) startups in local industries, and facilitates joint ventures between large enterprises and multinational enterprises for regional revitalization, promoting the ecosystem of regional revitalization.
The main fields of application are defined based on industrial features and industrial clusters of different regions in Taiwan, trends in the international market, and government policy, including: smart manufacturing, intelligent agriculture, smart tourism, smart commerce, smart environment control (energy, water pollution, and air pollution), and emerging technology industry applications (AIoT, Big Data, Block Chain, 5G, etc.)