The ultimate vision of Digital Education Institute (DEI) is to upgrade the quality level of ICT professionals in Taiwan industry and to help these individuals succeed in their personal careers by using the most effective learning methodologies. Introduction
The Digital Education Institute (DEI) has been providing training solutions to assist the rapid development of Taiwan information technology industry since 1979. With decades of experience in education and training, DEI has trained more than 440,000 professionals in their respective technical fields. The impact has spread to the government, academy and research institutions; and more importantly, in the industries such as high-technology, traditional business, banking, insurance, consulting services, transportation, travel & leisure, etc.
In addition to the accomplishments of classroom training, DEI has also been contributing to the researches of learning technology for twenty years. During 2003-2012, DEI has executed a National e-Learning and Digital Archive Program, sponsored by National Science Council, and successfully promoted Taiwan e-learning industry output from NT$0.7 billion growing up to NT$51 billion dollars. Moreover, DEI has developed the Innovative Green Cloud-based education software Services system (IGCS), and won 2012 IMS Learning Impact Award – Silver Award, as well as 2012 Taiwan Outstanding Information Application/Product Award. Mission
- Cultivation of high-quality professional talents: Nurturing ICT-related talents and creative/entrepreneurial talents, in response to industry needs
- Development of Campus Technology Industry: Promoting services for smart campus technology application and constructing high quality learning environment, in order to enhance the development of smart campus industry.
- Promotion of Content Creativity: Applying emerging media and technology to enrich the performance and contents of creation
The Digital Education Institute (DEI) has 6 centers: The Digital Creativity Center, Innovative Learning Center, Cloud-based Teaching Technology Center, Information Technology Training Center (including Taichung training sector), International Talent Development Center, IT-enabled Service Training Center(including Kaohsiung training sector).
DEI’s business framework includes:
- Cultivation of ICT professionals
- Cultivation of IT-enabled service professionals
- Cultivation of digital content professionals
Research and development of cloud-based education system
- Promotion of e-Learning cross-domain application
- Creation of digital contents via emerging media