Application for Exercising Rights with Regard to Personal Information
According to the R.O.C. Personal Information Protection Act, you may exercise the following rights with regard to your personal information provided. Any personal information thus collected from you in your inquiring or requesting, is also protected by the Personal Information Protection Act:
(1) any inquiry and request for a review of the personal information;
(2) any request to make duplications of the personal information;
(3) any request to supplement or correct the personal information;
(4) any request to discontinue collection, processing or use of the personal information; and
(5) any request to delete the personal information.
You or your agent/legal representative may exercise rights prescribed above by any of the following means:
1. Applying personally: Please call our direct line (02-6631-1080) first, then complete the Application Form for Exercising Rights with Regard to Personal Information (hereinafter referred to as “the Application”) and submit to us personally.
2. Via mail：Please complete the Application and send it to the address: 22F., No.216, Sec. 2, Dunhua S. Rd., Da’an Dist., Taipei City 106, Taiwan (R.O.C.), Attn: III Service for Personal Information Right.
3. Via fax: Please complete the Application and fax it to our fax direct line (02-6631-1001). After faxing, please call our direct line (02-6631-1080) to confirm it.
4. Via phone: Please call our direct line (02-6631-1080) to apply. We will ask you to confirm your application by e-mail.
5. Via our website: Please click the below button “Apply ” and complete the Application in that page.
1.If you are under 20 years old, application is required to be made by a legal representative. Your legal representative should present his/her ID card and government-issued documents verifying the right to legal representation (such as the household certificate issued within 2 months, the registration paper of legal guardianship) along with the Application, or submit the copy or the image file of the above documents by mail, fax or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
2.If you are over 20 years old, you may appoint an agent to make the application for you. The agent should submit the original copy of your letter of appointment along with the Application, in person or by mail.
3.The applicant shall truthfully fill in the Application and the content should be clear and unambiguous. If the Application is revised, please sign on the revised spot or re-fill in the Application.
4.After we receive the Application and relevant documents, please cooperate with us to make identity verification. We will reject the application if any of the following conditions is met:
(1) The content of the Application is incomplete, unclear, ambiguous or revised without signature on the revised spot; the application made by the legal representative lacks the necessary document prescribed above or application made by the agent lacks the letter of appointment, and the applicant fails to correct within a given period.
(2) Application made by phone without replying to our confirmation email within a given period.
(3) Application or replying does not conform to our search result, and we can’t verify the identity of the Party after inquiring in person, by mail or e-mail.
(4) Subject to any of the situations prescribed in the proviso of Article 10, the proviso of Paragraph 2 and Paragraph 3 of Article 11 of the R.O.C. Personal Information Protection Act, or inconsistence with the government laws and regulations.
5. When we receive the Application and all necessary documents, we will make the decision and reply to the applicant in pursuant to the following deadlines:
(1) Any inquiry and request for a review or to make duplications of the personal information: within fifteen days. It may be extended to a time period of no longer than fifteen days when necessary.
(2) Any request to supplement or correct the personal information, to discontinue collection, processing or use of it, or to delete it: within thirty days. It may be extended to a time period of no longer than thirty days when necessary.
6. If the applicant requests for a review of the personal information, the applicant should review it in our office personally. If the personal information is in paper form, we will present the original copy of it; if it is computer file or system data, we will print it out for reviewing.